1) Doctor Doom – The unquestioned ruler of Latveria, beloved by all his subjects and a powerhouse on all fronts. This frequent enemy of the Fantastic Four has proven at times to be as strong as the Hulk, smarter than Reed Richards, and more powerful than a god. With expert mastery over scientific theories and principles as well as arcane forces, all should feel they are inferior in the presence of Doom.
2) Doomsday – An amalgamation of generations of cruel scientific experimentation to produce an unstoppable killing machine, Doomsday can take as well as he gives it out, going blow for blow with anyone. Doomsday is no planner, but with the raw strength to kill Superman, it doesn’t usually matter.
3) Sinestro – The leader of his Sinestro Corps, and arbiter of the yellow light of fear, Sinestro wields one of the most dangerous weapons in the universe. The ability to inspire great fear is one thing, combining it with the dark imagination and strong will of one such as Sinestro presents a being gifted immense power with the drive, will, and determination to use it to suit his cause.
4) Bizarro – An imperfect clone of the seemingly perfect Kryptonian, Bizarro holds all of the powers that Superman posses with just a few tweaks. His backwards inductions and simple nature may seem confusing, but make no mistake, crossing paths with Bizarro can be an extremely deadly endeavor.
5) Loki – The Asgardian god of mischief, this half Asgardian/ half Ice Giant approaches many an encounter with a calm finesse lacking a number of super brawls. His current suave facade belies his devious nature, we’re talking about the original trickster here. He can manipulate almost any situation to his advantage with arcane magicks, lost in understanding to most, and when he can’t, well he still has the power of a god.
6) Violator – Hell’s favorite underboss, oft disguised as a disgusting clown, the demon known as the Violator helped recruit and train Al Simmons to be Spawn and has found himself at odds with his creations many times over. Violator has immense necro-plastic power and a physicality to match. Maybe the only thing more dangerous in Hell is his boss.
7) Lobo – The Main Man! The last Czarnian, Lobo fights when he wants, takes what he wants, kills who he wants, and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks about it. This bastich comes in on a super cool space-motorcycle, and enough strength to take any Justice Leaguer. Oh yeah, and he can regenerate any wound, so you better wrap it up quickly, or he’s coming back for you.
8) Maximus the Mad – Brother of Black Bolt, and Inhuman royalty. Maximus is possibly the most powerful of the Inhumans, if he only had their best interests at heart. Maximus has intense influence over those around him. The range of his telepathic powers may be relatively limited, however his level of control of individuals has been shown to completely hold the strongest of minds and maintain a lasting effect years later.
9) Green Goblin – Genius Norman Osborn’s experiments on himself paired with his military grade technology has made him a dangerous man indeed. The only setback is the lingering insanity crawling around the back of his mind. Great strength, durability, and quite an impressive arsenal of Pumpkin Bombs, blades, and a Goblin Glider have allowed the Goblin to showcase his ruthlessness on heroes and their loved ones alike.
10) Abomination – War hero Emil Blonsky accepted a procedure to greatly enhance all of his physical capacities to such an extent as to handle the Hulk mano y mano. Unfortunately, the process made him irreversibly hideous, however, this hasn’t ended his goal to take down the strongest one there is.
11) Venom – A rogue alien symbiote that piggybacked to Earth with Spider-Man slithers off and finds a host matching his hate, Eddie Brock. Brock’s aggressive nature mixed with the power of the symbiote create the terrifying Venom. Venom has patterned most of its powers off its original host, Spider-Man. They shoot web constructs, hold great strength and durability, and have a wicked appetite.
12) Vandal Savage – One of the first men, walking this planet before even Cro-Magnon. Vandal Savage stumbled upon a giant glowing meteor and was forever transformed. The meteor gave him enhanced physical abilities, cognitive skills well beyond that of his Neanderthal brethren, and most importantly, immortality. In the eons he’s been on this Earth, if he’s learned only only thing, it’s that the winner if oft the most Savage.
13) Merlyn – The dark archer. Enemy, and perhaps equal, of Green Arrow. Not much is known about this mysterious villain, other than his deadly skill with a bow.
14) Rasputin – Having summoned his biggest foe, Hellboy, Gregori Rasputin is willing to sacrifice anything to achieve power. He’s versed in a multitude of arcana, trained to be both physically and mentally prepared for anything, and has a line to the elder gods of creation.
15) Bullseye – Naturally adept at accuracy, Bullseye started off simple, and worked his way to the big time. It’s hard to underestimate reflexes, aim, and the ability to turn literally anything into a weapon. Bullseye has no compulsion against taking another life, and he specializes in finding a way to make it happen.
16) Riddler – Edward Nygma is one of the smartest people in the DC universe, with limited technological help, absolutely no physical or mental enhancement, and little to no weaponry, the Riddler has used his intellect to execute countless crimes and schemes, perhaps none as effective as his compete dismantling of Batman, and figuring out the Dark Knight’s true identity.
1) Lex Luthor – The most dangerous enemy for the Man of Steel isn’t more powerful than a locomotive, he can’t leap tall building with a single bound, and he isn’t faster than a speeding bullet. But, he’s smart. His Lexcorp battlesuit enables him to engage in fisticuffs with any hero, and his battle plan and other inventions put him on par with anyone. He takes to battle in his armor, ready for any foe that could emerge.
2) Mephisto – The ruler of Hell himself. In Hell, Mephisto reigns supreme over all souls. Entering his domain rends one to his complete control. Drawing his power from the infinite souls at his disposal, Mephisto is always greedy for more and LOVES to make a deal to procure them. There aren’t many who can match him for power, and even fewer who can see through his “truths”.
3) Magneto – Born in Poland just before the Nazi invasion, Magnus was traumatized from a young age and emerged with one of the most awesome mutant powers known to man. The ability to alter, manipulate, and control the electro-magnetic field of the Earth and everything around it gives Magneto tremendous power. Having seen the things that bad men do with power, Magneto uses his to ensure he will never play the victim again.
4) Toyo Harada – Head of the Harbinger Corporation, Harada believes in a perfect world. A product of the massive radiation from America’s bombing in Japan, Toyo developed incredible psionic powers. He is able to alter his appearance, use telekinesis, project telekinetic blasts, and make direct psychic attacks. Harada had been building his empire for decades, and is now poised to actually shape the world exactly as he sees fit.
5) Despero – A horror inducing alien whose strength rivals Superman’s and whose telepathic powers rival the Martian Manhunter’s. Despero has taken on the Justice League a number of times, and it requires all of their entire combined power to best him.
6) Kang – The Conqueror. Kang has traveled throughout time and space to amass the largest, most advanced, and most impressive armory possible. His battle-armor from the far future, his weaponry the most advanced, the world isn’t enough for Kang, he wants to rule all of time as well.
7) Blastaar – The Living Bomb is Lord of the Negative Zone. Engaged in constant battle with Annihilus for control of the Negative Zone, Blastaar is always fighting to stay on top. With an already impressive amount of strength and durability, enough to give the Fantastic Four a run for their money, Blastaar also causes gigantic concussive explosions at will.
8) Gorilla Grodd – From a society of super-apes, Gorilla Grodd is the smartest, and most sinister of the them all. In addition to the natural strength, speed, agility, endurance, and durability of a gorilla, Grodd also possesses great telepathic and telekinetic abilities.
9) M.O.D.O.K. – A Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing, M.O.D.O.K. took a procedure that amplified his mental capacity far beyond an average human and now leads A.I.M. in an ongoing quest for scientific achievement. While the process left his head too large for his body to carry, he’s crafted a rig enabling him flight, and focus of his telepathic powers into a psychic beam.
10) Amazo – An android developed by Professor Anthony Ivo to destroy the Justice League, Amazo has the unique ability to replicate the powers of any super-being he comes into contact with. Through repeated encounters, Amazo has permanently absorbed the abilities of the original Justice League, though not quite refined enough to put them all together at once, any moment could spell certain doom for those that cross this robot.
11) Joker – The Clown Prince of Crime should require little introduction. However, his maniacal tendencies aside, the Joker is far more dangerous than most give him credit for. A chemical genius, the Joker has developed Joker gas, acids, poisons, etc. to mix into his ridiculous gadgets and pranks. His over the top plans frequently work perfectly, and he’s been fighting Batman so long he knows how to handle himself in a scrap. Sometimes it seems that he can go as far as any joke takes him.
12) Angstrom Levy – Invincible’s scariest villain has no need to trifle with code names or special getups. His experiments with interdimensional teleportation have given him vast mental powers as well as the ability to easily pop from any side dimensions to the next at a whim. Impossible to pin down, able to procure needed resources at a moment’s notice, and the ability to surprise any opponent at any time, make Angstrom Levy a deadly nemesis.
13) Poison Ivy – Pamela Isly’s botanical research has led to her… unique connection… to plants. She uses her advanced knowledge and control of the Plantae Kingdom to control almost every aspect of her surroundings. Able to whip up natural pheromones, toxins, explosives, and more, Ivy’s natural beauties can always help her score a victory.
14) Deadshot – The leader of the Suicide Squad, Deadshot never misses. In addition to years of tactical and martial training, Deadshot is an expert with all firearms and keeps multiple firearms on his person at all times. As if his natural abilities and training were not enough, Deadshot also possesses cybernetic upgrades to his optical input to survey the situation and ensure he delivers every bullet with pinpoint accuracy.
15) Cheetah – Doctor Barbara Minerva, in an attempt to realize the true power of the animal kingdom, transformed herself into the deadly Cheetah. As Cheetah she has used her cat-like reflexes, strength, claws, speed, and agility to more than once match mettle with the Amazon champion, Wonder Woman.
16) The Governor – In a world where the strong survive, and the weak are eaten, no man has had the ruthless cunning to carve out the beginnings of a new empire like the Governor. Little is known of his origins, but he’s employed tanks, guns, swords, and anything else that he could find to win his battles. A resilient scrapper, the Governor always has the ability to surprise.
NEW YORK CITY
1) Darkseid – Stone cold despot from the planet Apokalypse. Darkseid is never satisfied with ruling only what he has, only the answer to the unsolvable anti-life equation will suffice. An almost unbeatable conqueror, he is all but impervious to damage, and possesses incredible strength. While he has more than enough power to handle most anything without, it is his Omega Beams one need watch out for. Instant death rays that can follow any target, just ask Batman…
2) Dormammu – An extra dimensional being of Limbo, he holds the power to make and unmake reality itself within his realm of power. Constantly at odds with Earth’s Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange, Dormammu has presented himself as a threat to all of reality on more than one occasion. Without a strong magical counter his ONLY limitation is distance from his power base.
3) Kid Miracleman – Bested last year’s victor handely the first two encounters they faced. With incredible Atomic Powers, Kid Miracleman has strength, speed, flight, toughness, and atomic thought on par with any other. Being left behind and forgotten has put a huge chip on his evil shoulders, and he’s out for revenge.
4) Doctor Sivana – The primary antagonist to the Big Red Cheese, don’t let Dr. Thadeus Bodog Sivana’s demure statue dissuade you from his dastardly presence. The man’s incredible inventions find him constantly at odds with the powers of the entire Marvel Family and he can always find a way to force the upper hand.
5) Ultra-Humanite – One of the first super-villains, the Ultra-Humanite began his criminal career when his extraordinary mind put him at odds with Superman. He’s since mastered technology to afford him increased mental powers and allow him to switch his incredible brain to a number of other bodies – most notably an albino gorilla, to match physical ability to his mad mental genius.
6) Doctor Octopus – Otto Octavius was always a brilliant scientist, having created and perfected a set of mechanical arms to work on sensitive and dangerous materials. When the usage of them backfired and fused the arms to Otto, his shame, humiliation, and embarrassment matched with new-found power lead to a life of crime. While the simplicity of extra arms could be understated, his cunning and brilliance lead to something heralds of Galactus, the Phoenix, and countless other have tried and failed to do, kill Spider-Man.
7) Black Hand – Wielder of the Black Ring of death, the Black Hand has more than ample experience with mortality. Always nagging the Green Lantern in dark, cerebral, and clever ways, the Black Hand’s power is limited only by his imagination.
8) Solomon Grundy – An undying zombie with no regard for damage sustained and tremendous strength. A relative simpleton, but that has never stopped him from wreaking havoc.
9) Wrecker – Gifted a sliver of Asgardian magic by Loki through his enchanted crowbar, the Wrecker has tangled with Asgard’s favorite son, Thor, numerous times. Possessing a god’s level of strength and durability has allowed the wrecker to time and again, stand with the big boys.
10) Mandarin – The Mandarin is a mysterious figure who has learned many ancient martial arts, chi techniques, and he possesses all ten of the enigmatic Rings of the Mandarin. Each ring enables him a different awesome and terrifying power, and any one alone has enough power to make to him a serious threat to anyone. All ten mixed with his training make him a truly deadly villain.
11) Bane – Raised in prison for a crime his father committed, Bane knows the importance of power. Willing to do anything to escape, he underwent an experimental procedure to greatly enhance his strength and durability. As if his physical might weren’t enough. He has also shown a level of cunning that enabled him to plan and defeat Batman in every way.
12) Overlord – The criminal mastermind of Chicago, Overlord uses his cybernetic suit to battle the Savage Dragon, time and again. Already capable of taking one of the nations biggest cities, he also has strength and durability, energy blasts, flight, and he’s not afraid to use them.
13) Shredder – The nemesis of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles knows no bounds. He’s spent an entire lifetime (and perhaps past ones as well) mastering martial arts. His goofy cartoon counterpart aside, the Shredder is a deadly foe capable in combat in an scenario, and will not hesitate to deliver a killing blow.
14) Kraven – The Hunter has lived his life for thrill. The man has wrestled lions and won. He’s bested every animal known to man and wasn’t fulfilled. Bringing his game and arsenal to Spider-Man, Kraven not only beat Spider-Man, he buried him alive and took his place. Having proven he can beat the superheroes, Kraven now turns his eye to besting the bad guys.
15) Captain Cold – Leonard Snart created brilliant circuitry to power his infamous cold guns. Not just able to freeze things, the cold effects things on a molecular level, slowing the energy down. Able to slow down the Flash, stop a speeding bullet, and force his enemy to chill, Captain Cold is ready to take on this tournament.
16) Batroc – ZE LEAPER!!! Master of the French fighting style savate, Batroc has quarreled with Captain America too many times to count. A world class athlete, the Leaper can best utilize his surrounding, and his opponents own power to his own advantage. While the French schtick and bravado may seem overconfident, don’t count out this merc.
1) Thanos – The Mad Titan is as formidable an opponent as you could find. He posses vast strength, endurance, pure brilliant genius, and immense energy projection powers. He has defeated all six Elders of the Universe to procure the Infinity Gems for his Gauntlet, (which he ultimately lost). He has held not the just the Marvel universe but the entirety of reality in his steely grasp in his never ending quest to prove himself to Death, and all creation. Though he rarely holds the power for long, he is one of a very few whom have proven themselves as more than capable of besting ANY opponent.
2) Black Adam – Possessing the powers of seven ancient Egyptian gods, the dark analog of his nemesis Captain Marvel, Black Adam answers to no man save himself, and has more than enough power to back it up.
3) Ultron – Created by the original Ant-Man, this baddie has all but bested the entire Avengers lineup single-handedly multiple times. Continually upgrading himself, Ultron has a vast array of energy weapons, robot-strength, and an adamantium hide. Perhaps his greatest power, however, is his uncanny ability to transfer his consciousness to drones and other circuitry.
4) Brainiac – The last of his kind, another robot of immense power. Brainiac has undertaken the Herculean task of cataloging and “preserving” all knowledge in the universe. With his astounding ability to co-opt any available technology and holding great physical and even greater computational power, Brainiac can go toe to toe with anyone. The one being to continually resists his cosmos-wide mission has been Superman, a specimen that has all but no peer.
5) Apocalypse – En Saba Nur, the first mutant, stumbled across an ancient Celestial and changed the course of history forever. Apocalypse, the undying, can sustain almost any blow, change his shape at will, holds incredible physical and energy powers, and most importantly, Celestial technology from the genesis of creation.
6) Deathstroke – Slade Wilson. While possessing no apparent superhuman powers the unequalled assassin has a long history of encounters with top tier Justice Leaguers. He holds unrivaled mastery of almost all types of weapons, combat, and tactics, body armor, and reflexes faster than most people can think. He will do anything for money, and can get it done.
7) Super-Skrull- Kl’rt was selected as the TOP agent of an elite force of the most dangerous of the Skrull army. He was chosen, for this reason, to be given genetic altering procedures that allow him to use the powers of all four member of the Fantastic Four: the strength and durability of the Thing, the flame powers of the human torch, the invisibility and force fields of the Invisible Woman, and enhanced elasticity, beyond a Skrull’s natural capacity, to rival that of Mister Fantastic.
8) Arcane – Anton Arcane is the embodiment of death, literally, he is a natural force against life, the avatar of Rot. Arcane has used his rot to infest everything withing life, an essential part of the natural cycle, but greedy beyond balance, Arcane wants for nothing more than a world full of rot.
9) The Destroyer – An ancient agent of Odin himself. This incredibly powerful drone can be worn or act autonomously. The armor has been possessed by many and when set into combat, refuses to yield. The armor holds Asgardian level strength and durability, but perhaps its most dangerous feature is a disintegration blast fired directly from its faceplate.
10) Professor Zoom – Eobard Thawn, in an attempt to tap into the speed force, tried to replicate the accident that created the Flash. In his quest to undue the Flash, he gained control over the speed force, he also found the negative speed force. He has all the speed tricks of his scarlet counterparts, and a few more up his yellow sleeves.
11) Red Skull – Johann Schmidt, the man who planned the death of the Avengers’ leader – Captain America. At his peak, Red Skull’s pursuit of perfection the world over has lead him to the cosmic cube, the brain of Professor Xavier, and countless other instruments to allow him to stand up to any combatant. Even without these trinkets and gimmicks, he is a brilliant and dangerous foe.
12) Ra’s al Ghul – A man thathas walked the Earth for millennia hidden in the shadows, with the power of his Lazarus Pits behind the rise and fall of entire civilizations. That man has picked up more than one skill along the way. The leader of the League of Assassins has bested the Dark Knight more than once, and has plans to continue winning, no matter his opposition.
13) Baron Zemo (II) – A thorn in Captain America’s side for decades, Zemo has accomplished what many others have failed to do – lead. He assembled the Masters of Evil to rival the power of the Avengers, and later, held sway over another group of villains – the Thunderbolts. Zemo is a master swordsman and more than capable in personal melee. Few possess that discipline and accomplishment of Zemo.
14) Ozymandias – Adrian Veidt renounced an easy life in his youth to encounter the larger world. Entirely self made, Ozymandias has, justifiably, likened himself to one of the world’s greatest historical conquerors. Having no super powers has not stopped him from amassing the greatest corporate empire the world has ever seen, and his success hasn’t prevented him from maintaining peak levels of human perfection. His most dangerous asset however, is his mind, which amongst other things, allowed him to outsmart the all but omniscient Doctor Manhattan.
15) Purple Man– Killgrave has a unique gift. He uses low levels of pheromone control and mental persuasion to get what he wants. He certainly can’t beat you bloody senseless, but he doesn’t have to when you can’t stop hitting yourself.
16) Harley Quinn – A psychiatrist whose exposure to a certain Arkham resident allowed her to see life’s little jokes, she’s also an accomplished gymnast. Rarely seen as a serious threat until it’s too late, her soft appearance and jovial nature have allowed more than one opponent to encounter the wrong side of revolver, explosive, or inordinately large wooden hammer.